The 2014 Cabaret Convention will be held at The Proud Archivist Saturday October 11th. Looking like a packed and fun-filled occasion. Read about it here:
The Cabaret Convention will take place this year at The Proud Archivist, the fabulous combined gallery, bar, restaurant, cafe and events space in Haggerston on Saturday October 11th. This is a lovely venue – I performed there myself earlier this year for London Showoff.
I have to say this Convention looks truly festive, with all sorts going on.
There will be market stalls, debates, discussions, classes, workshops and networking all day through to a social evening cabaret.
Take a look at the website : http://www.paullmartin.com/cabaret_convention.htm
Here’s the highlights thus far:
• Live Podcast Panel Discussion – Rosie Kohl’s Vaudeville Broadcast streams live as Rosie Kohl herself poses pertinent questions to a cabaret panel par excellence
•Burlexercise Class – join in our pre-lunch fitness session and learn this new craze with Ooh La Lou and Ella Boo of The Folly Mixtures
• Cabaret Soup – film-maker extraordinaire John Bland of One Eyed Monster Films will be showing a selection of his wacky, wonderful movies featuring the cream of the cabaret world
• ‘Let’s Wrap’ with Dusty Limits – The Dark Prince of Cabaret is joined by Oliver Jack to wrap up the official day sessions and kick-off the drinking with a debate to end all debates
• The Convention Choir – Award-winning choir-master Birgitta Kenyon invites you to form a choir from scratch – in one hour!
• Evening Cabaret -Host Jamie Anderson and pianist Tom Carradine introduce – YOU! All delegates welcome to take part in our variety cabaret.
• Market Stalls – nipple tassels (!), vintage sheet music, hosiery, services offered, costume jewellery and more.
I hope to be there, so be prepared to fight me for the vintage sheet music and sparkly jewellery –I have sharp elbows.
Tickets are £12 and can be bought on the website:
Put it in your diary.